The beginning of college is one of the most exciting periods in the lives of many young people. It’s when they’re first achieving independence from their parents, and striking out on their own.
Unfortunately, most people go straight from their homes into dormitory rooms or other similarly uncomfortable living situations. While college may be an exciting period of time, it’s usually accompanied by less-than-ideal living conditions compared to what most young people have become accustomed to.
It’s exceptionally important, however, that you enjoy a good night’s sleep while you’re attending college. Balancing the demands of work, school and a social life will require you to be well rested. Out of everything that you buy for your dorm room or shared apartment, the most important piece of furniture that you can invest in is a comfortable bed.
You should make sure that you prioritize a mattress in Manhattan, KS when you’re shopping for furniture to help you get through college. There are several pieces of essential dorm room furniture and supplies that you should buy, including the following:
- High-quality mattress: One of the most important things that you can buy for your new dorm room is a comfortable, high-quality mattress in Manhattan, KS that will help you get the good night’s sleep necessary to succeed in college. Consider a space-saving bed frame, like a lofted bed frame with storage or even desk space underneath it.
- Comfortable sheets and bedding: You need comfortable sheets and bedding to accompany your comfortable mattress. You should buy seasonally specific sheets and bedding to ensure comfort throughout the year—while a heavy, fleecy blanket is ideal for the cold winter months, it’s likely to leave you uncomfortably hot and sweaty during the summer and fall seasons.
- Lighting: A common issue with dorm rooms is that they’re poorly lit. This can interfere with your studying habits, resulting in headaches and eye strain. Consider buying some high-quality table or floor lamps for your dorm room to help you improve the ambient lighting in your new space.
- Microwave: You won’t have a lot of time to prepare food while you’re hustling between classes, meetings and work. That’s why a small microwave is an essential tool to keep in your dorm room. It will help you ensure that you’re able to prepare food, even when you’re in a rush.
- Coffee maker: It can seem virtually impossible to make it through your college years without lots and lots of coffee. You should invest in a small coffee maker for your dormitory. Be sure, however, to avoid single-serve coffee machines. They’re bad for the environment, and the cost of replacement pods adds up.
If you’re looking for a comfortable, affordable mattress to help you get your college career started off right, visit Beds for Less. We’re proud to be the best place to buy a mattress in Manhattan, KS. We offer a 30-day risk-free return guarantee, in case you find that your new mattress isn’t right for you. Our goal is to provide a stress- and pressure-free bed buying environment. To learn more about our fully stocked inventory and high-quality mattress offerings, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Mattresses
This post was written by Writer