Memory foam mattresses are very popular because of how comfortable they are to sleep on. To keep memory foam mattresses in Manhattan, KS as comfortable as possible, however, it’s important that you know how to clean them properly. Cleaning a memory foam mattress can be challenging, but you can keep your mattress smelling and looking fresh by following some simple tips.
Cleaning a foam mattress
Foam mattresses are highly absorbent, which makes them difficult to clean. Using too much water or liquid cleaning solution can cause mold or mildew to develop inside the mattress, and that can contribute to unpleasant odors and staining. With that in mind, it’s important to follow cleaning instructions carefully and work quickly to minimize complications or adverse outcomes. Make sure that you have all of the necessary tools and cleaning supplies on hand before you get started. To clean memory foam mattresses in Manhattan, KS, you will need warm water, mild laundry detergent, an empty spray bottle, a clean sponge, a soft rag and a large towel. Then, you can follow these steps:
- Make the cleaning solution: First, you need to make your cleaning solution. Mix three cups of warm water with one cup of laundry detergent. Mix the solution gently to avoid generating excessive suds. After you’ve thoroughly mixed the solution, pour it into a clean spray bottle.
- Prepare your mattress: Strip the bedding and sheets from your mattress and put them in the wash. Make sure that your mattress is totally cleared off and identify any stains or odor sources that require extra attention.
- Spray the solution: After the mattress is prepped, spray the cleaning solution on the foam mattress. You should do this quickly to prevent the cleaning solution from being absorbed into your foam mattress.
- Blot the mattress: As soon as you’ve sprayed down your mattress, use a clean sponge to blot the mattress and soak up the cleaning solution. If you notice stains left behind after this process, spray more cleaning solution on the site and let it sit for about three minutes before blotting it up with the sponge. Soak a clean, soft rag with warm water and wring it out thoroughly. Use the rag to wipe off any residual cleaning solution from the surface of your mattress.
- Dry excess moisture: Using a large towel, press down on your foam mattress to absorb any excess moisture. After this, allow your mattress to dry completely for a few hours before making your bed.
Shop Tempur-Pedic mattresses in Manhattan, KS
If it’s time for you to replace your old mattress, stop by Beds for Less. Since 2004, we have been dedicated to providing our customers with high-quality mattresses that offer the best comfort possible. We have an inventory of quality mattresses from the top industry brands, including Tempur-Pedic mattresses in Manhattan, KS. You can check out our inventory of quality mattresses today by stopping by our showroom—we would be happy to help you find the perfect mattress for your needs.
Categorised in: Mattresses
This post was written by Writer