If you sweat while you sleep each night, you’re not alone! Millions of people across the country toss and turn throughout the night because they’re too hot in bed. Luckily, there are solutions to your problem. Keep reading to learn how you can stay cool at night, and how our team at Beds for Less can help with new mattress sales in Manhattan, KS.
Make your bed and bedding cooler
One of the best ways to cool yourself down at night is to switch your bed and bedding situation. Here’s how you can do that:
- Upgraded mattress: That old mattress could be trapping in your body heat, raising your temperature higher and higher throughout the night. Stop that vicious cycle by upgrading your mattress. New mattresses are more breathable and can even have cooling functions that reduce your body heat as you sleep.
- New sheets: If you don’t want to spend money on a new mattress, just invest in some cotton sheets. Lightweight cotton sheets help conduct heat away from your body, leaving you feeling nice and cool. Additionally, they won’t absorb sweat like some synthetic blends.
- Lighter comforter: Rising temperatures mean it’s time to switch up your comforter. Put your heavy winter comforter in the closet and get a lightweight one. If you even sweat in the winter months, you might want to ditch that heavy comforter altogether.
Cool your room
Switching up your bedding should do wonders to keep you cool. However, new mattress sales in Manhattan, KS isn’t the only solution to your problem. Here are a few other tactics that’ll keep you cool:
- Crack the window: Proper airflow in your bedroom is crucial for staying cool. Open up the window to allow air to circulate throughout your room.
- Use the ceiling fan: If your room has a ceiling fan, turn it on! Running a ceiling fan counter-clockwise helps create a nice breeze that’s sure to cool you down.
- Switch off electronics: Many people enjoy watching TV or using their laptops before falling asleep. If you’re a hot sleeper, that might not be the best option! Electronics raise the temperature in the room, making it even more uncomfortable for you.
Switch your nightly routine
Staying cool throughout the night can start before you even get in bed! Follow these tips to reduce your nighttime sweating:
- Avoid exercising before bed: Working out is a great way to ensure you get a good night’s sleep. However, you don’t want to exercise too late in the evening, as this might not give your core body temperature enough time to drop to a comfortable level.
- Move dinnertime: Eating can raise your body temperature two degrees. That might not seem like a lot, but it could be the difference between sweating throughout the night and getting a good night’s rest. Move dinner to earlier in the evening and avoid overeating.
If you’re tired of sweating while you sleep, come to Beds for Less! We’re the best in town when it comes to mattress sales in Manhattan, KS, and we carry all of the bedding accessories that’ll keep you cool throughout the night.
Categorised in: Mattress Sales
This post was written by Writer