Our bedrooms play an invaluable role in our daily lives. This is the space we use to disconnect and recharge to begin each day feeling rejuvenated and energized. Furnishing your room with a comfortable bed and a high-quality mattress is crucial in order to get the refreshing sleep you require to tackle the day ahead.
When shopping at our mattress store in Manhattan, KS, many customers ask about the right way to break in a new mattress. While this is a simple process, you shouldn’t skip properly setting up your new bed before hunkering down for a restful night of sleep.
Tips for breaking in a new mattress
With our years of experience providing reliable, affordable mattress sales in Manhattan, KS, we’ve learned a thing or two about how to best make your new mattress as cozy as possible before you use it. Follow these helpful tips to enjoy all of the benefits of your brand-new mattress:
- Don’t put sheets on immediately: It’s tempting to put your favorite linens on your new mattress as soon as it’s delivered. However, you want to give your mattress a few hours to absorb fresh oxygen after removing the plastic shipping materials. You want oxygen to flow through the mattress, which helps it freshen up.
- Apply some pressure: Sometimes, a new mattress arrives and it feels firmer than what you’d like. After giving your mattress time to breathe, either crawl, walk or roll around on top of it for several minutes. You may also try applying pressure using your hands and feet while standing on the floor next to your mattress. Whichever method makes the most sense for you is fine—applying pressure helps to loosen the materials in your mattress.
- Patience: Depending on the type of mattress you’ve purchased, it’ll take some time to thoroughly break it in. Latex mattresses usually require up to two full weeks, whereas memory foam models take up to 60 days to fully acclimate. Traditional spring mattresses break in after about 30 days. Of course, you should use your new mattress during these weeks, but it’s best not to make a decision about keeping it before you’ve taken ample time to break it in.
- Sleep on it: When people visit us for mattress sales in Manhattan, KS, they mention their plans not to sleep on their new mattress for a month or so following delivery. This is a common misconception. You actually want to use your new mattress as often as possible during the first few months to break it in as you’d like.
- Turn up the heat: Warmer temperatures soften latex and memory foam mattresses, making it easier to break them in. If you’re still finding your new latex or memory foam mattress too firm or not quite comfortable, try warming up your bedroom before you go to sleep to make your mattress materials softer.
When did you last update your mattress? Visit Beds For Less, a top-rated mattress store in Manhattan, KS, for the best deals in the area. Get in touch with us if you have any questions about purchasing a new mattress.
Categorised in: Mattress Sales
This post was written by Writer