Have you ever walked into a nice hotel, looked at the setup with the bedding and thought, “Gee, I wish I could do that with my bed at home”? The good news is that it’s not nearly as difficult as you think—it just takes a little bit of planning and the right mattress accessories, and you too can have a luxurious-looking setup on your bed at home in Manhattan, KS.
Let’s take a look at some of the most important components to a great, luxurious-looking (and feeling) bedding setup:
- Prioritize mattress quality: First things first, a luxurious bedroom requires a high-quality mattress. Spend some time researching the various options available, and make sure you actually test out the mattress before purchasing so you know you’re going to have something you like.
- Consider adding a mattress cover: Depending on the kind of mattress you have, you might consider adding a mattress cover. You can find mattress covers filled with down, or made out of memory foam. If you don’t have the money or aren’t interested in changing your mattress, using a mattress cover is a great way to customize the feel of your bed and add a sense of luxury to the experience of sleeping in it.
- Consider the sheets: The sheets might just be the most important aspect of the sleeping experience other than the mattress itself. Always look for sheets with a thread count of at least 300, so you can make sure they’re soft and lightweight. Try to have a couple sets of nice sheets you can rotate so you don’t have to wash the same set every single week.
- Invest in a quality bedspread: High-quality bedspreads aren’t just a factor in the comfort level you can expect to get out of your sleeping—they’re also the top layer of your bedding that will most influence its aesthetics. We recommend keeping your sheets and bedspreads neutral in color so you can easily add color with accessories like throw pillows and blankets. Think of the neutral palette for your bedding as a blank slate to work with.
- Get a good pillow: The quality of your pillow will play a large role in your ability to get a good night’s sleep. Most people don’t replace their pillows nearly as often as they should. You should replace pillows once a year on average. Throw out pillows that have been around forever, and that have stains or have lost their shape. Add a nice-quality pillowcase on top. A satin pillowcase adds some comfort and is also good for both your hair and skin. The feeling and appearance of satin pillowcases makes a big difference in the bedroom experience.
- Know what you’re doing with accent pillows: Accent pillows are the last bit of decoration that can really give you a hotel-like appearance. Look for pillows with down inserts, as these will last for years. The number of pillows you use will depend on the size bed you have.
For more tips about how you can spruce up your bedding to create a luxurious appearance and experience, contact Beds For Less or visit our mattress store in Manhattan, KS today.
Categorised in: Bedding Accessories
This post was written by Writer